The GSM Association issued additional information on the 2018 MWC Americas with newly confirmed speakers, exhibitors, sponsors, programs and activities. MWC Americas will occur on September 12-14, 2018 at the Los Angeles Convention Center.
Chief Marketing Officer of GSMA Michael O’Hara quoted: “In just a few weeks, global leaders from the mobile technology and content, media and entertainment industries will converge in Los Angeles. Over three days, the spotlight will be on the exciting new opportunities delivered through mobile technology, not just in media and entertainment, but in many other areas that touch citizens’ everyday lives. Attendees will truly have the opportunity to imagine a better future.”
Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti commented: “Los Angeles is a global capital for media, entertainment and innovation — and the perfect home for MWC Americas. We are excited to partner with GSMA to give pathbreaking startups and established players an opportunity to exchange ideas, explore new inventions and showcase the future of mobile technology.”
The GSMA revealed new keynote speakers the conference program, including leaders from various areas, including:
- Bill Gross, Chairman of IdeaLab
- Esther Wojcicki, Journalist and Educator
- Roger Lynch, CEO of Pandora
- Dominique Delport, President of Vice International
- Darcy Antonellis, CEO of Vubiquity
- Sean Doherty, CEO of Wurl Inc.
CTIA President and CEO Meredith Attwell Baker will hold CTIA’s policy meetings at MWC Americas – starting with a keynote address on Wednesday, September 12. These meetings will include statements from David Redl, Assistant Secretary and Administrator of NTIA and following FCC Commissioners: Brendan Carr, Mike O’Rielly and Jessica Rosenworcel.
After keynote programs above, the 3-day MWC Americas will present concentrated track conferences on a scope of subjects, like 5G network, Artificial Intelligence, blockchain, connected automobiles, the Internet of Things and media, content and entertainment. Recently confirmed presenters include:
- Reagan Feeney, Vice President of Content Partnerships of Hulu
- Gayle Troberman, Chief Marketing Officer of iHeartMedia
- Trina Van Pelt, Vice President of Intel Capital and Group Managing Director
- Trevor Fellows, Executive Vice President of Digital Partnerships of NBC
- Gary Brotman, Head of AI and Machine Learning Product Management of Qualcomm
- Rob Wilmoth, Principal Solutions Architect of Red Hat
On Wednesday, September 12, the Future Digital Health Summit will demonstrate rising movements and the recent innovations in mobile healthcare, with following presenters:
- Ronan Wisdom, Global Lead of Connected Health of Accenture
- Haley Sulser, Director of Operations of Greater New Orleans Health Information Exchange
- Ali Modaressi, Executive Director of Los Angeles Network for Enhanced Services
- Harrison Lung, Partner of McKinsey & Company
On Thursday, September 13, the Women4Tech Summit will spotlight chief practices and creative answers to strengthen diversity in the workplace, with following new presenters:
- Andrea Rey, Partner of Ernst & Young
- Rachel Samrén, Exclusive Vice President & Chief External Affairs Officer of Millicom
- Glenn Lurie, CEO of Synchronoss
You can find more details on the conference’s agendas and full speakers at: www.mwcamericas.com/conference-programs/.
Dong Kwan Kim
Reporter & Correspondent
AVING News USA
As an official supporting media partner of MWC Americas, AVING News will send the special reporting team – especially focusing on Korean Start-ups.